Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Zagreb

 The Fall here in our mission is really beautiful because there are trees everywhere, so I have really enjoyed taking pictures.  This is right across from the train station which is right behind where the Mission office is, so we drive by or walk by this area every day.  There is a large park here and a very beautiful water fountain.  There are always lots of people here because a major tram stop is also here besides the train station, there is mall, and a cafe.

 This is the view out my kitchen window when I look to the right, I thought it was a pretty picture.  I try really hard to take pictures of only the pretty parts of our mission and leave out all the communist influence which is everywhere.

 This is Vicki from Bosnia, she is a wonderful young single adult who always helps out everyone.  She came and stayed with us the week of Thanksgiving and helped me out a lot.  Richard hurt his back and has not been able to do much of anything, so we were so grateful to have her here this week.  We had Thanksgiving at our house and she helped me shop and prepare all the food.  She told us as we dropped her off at the bus station that now she could marry an American because she knows how to make Thanksgiving dinner!! She is so sweet and really is one of the best young people we have ever met.  We love her.
That evening after Thanksgiving we went over to the Mission Office and had a wonderful lesson from the "Building an Eternal Marriage" Institute Class, we had five couples there and the lesson went very well.  I had prepared dinner for them also, which they all ate and they loved all three pies, peach, apple and pumpkin.  I was so pleased that they enjoyed themselves. 
  One thing about Europe is they have good cheese, so Richard is enjoying the cheese and crackers.
 Vicki prepared these two lovely platters of fruit and vegetables.
 

Turkey, Mashed Potatoes Serbian Style, Green Bean Casserole, Dressing, and Gravy
 I made Pumpkin, Peach and Apple Pie and they turned out Great!
Our dinner guests, the Elders they all serve here in Zagreb.
After dinner we all went up to the Mission Home and had pie with the Mission President and his family and a few other guests.  It was fun to join their family on Thanksgiving.  

 
This is Audrey, who will be leaving at Christmas, we will miss her!
from carrie with love

No comments:

Post a Comment