We have a professional Family History Specialist in our branch here in Zagreb, so because of her our Church was able to sponsor a big Family History Conference in our building! It was a huge success with over sixty people in attendance. We were asked to attend and make the food for the luncheon. I love every opportunity I have to help with food, it's so fun to work in the kitchen with the other Sister missionaries and members. We felt like the event was a huge success!
This is a lovely lady who is a member of our branch here in Zagreb, but because she lives so far away it is very difficult for her to attend each Sunday. She is an author and family history lover. She wrote this wonderful novel about her cousin who moved to Alaska in the 1940s and settled there and later joined the Church. I loved this woman's story of courage and dedication to her family and community, so after reading her novel I just had to come meet with her and hear story of conversion and hear about her life here in Croatia. Her home had been her Mother-in-law's, it was a treasure box, full of memories, art and antiques. It was a joy to spend the afternoon with her.
from carrie with love
No comments:
Post a Comment