Sunday, August 18, 2013

Austria & Germany

This past week we spent the week at the Frankfurt Temple with the members from our mission.  It was an honor and a delight to be at the temple with such sweet faithful people.  On our way to Frankfurt Germany, (which takes about 8 hours by car and 12 hours by bus to get there) we did some sight seeing on our way as we traveled through Austria and Germany.  I must say, these countries are Beautiful!  I loved everything we ate and saw. 
We first visited a village named Hallstatt.  Hallstatt is known for it's production of salt, dating back to prehistoric times.  We rode a ferry out to this colorful little village on a lake and walked around and had lunch.  It was delight and worth the trip.  I really love Austria, it is a very beautiful clean country, with the most majestic scenery I have every seen. 








 This is a Pear Tree pruned and tied to grow on the wall of this house.  It is a ancient practiced called "Espalier" and I loved it!  I saw many other trees and plants also growing up the walls of buildings in Austria.  I think I need one of these some day.

 I loved the entrance to this Church!
 Each grave was planted with lovely flowers!
 We next drove to Regensburg Germany, which is a city in Bavaria Germany on the Danube and Regen rivers.  This ancient city dates back to the Stone Age. 






from carrie with love

No comments:

Post a Comment