I love to quilt, but have not been able to quilt here on my mission. When I arrive in Croatia I found that no one knew what quilts were or how to make them. One of the ways that I express my love to those around me is by baking and cooking, I have really enjoyed having the opportunity to express my love to the people of our mission through food. Another way I express my love is by making quilts for those I love, but I didn't have a way to sew and quilt while I have been living here. Many of my friends by home quilt, so I thought that it would be great if my quilting friends back home could make a quilt for my friends here. When I get ready to go home I could give each of my friends here a quilt that they would always have to remind them of my love for them and the gospel. And also a way for the ladies back home to make an connection with the wonderful ladies here in Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia. I received 14 quilts from Mesa this week and so I started delivering my quilts this week. I am so thankful to all my quilting friends for donating their time, talents, and fabric to make this wonderful project happen. Each quilt is unique and beautiful!
from carrie with love
No comments:
Post a Comment