On Monday for P. Day we told the four Elders here in Zagreb that we would take them to Metro, which is like the European Costco, and let them go shopping, because every time we go there they tell us they want to go too. So, when we got ready to take them they told us we had to stop at McDonalds because they were going to each take the McDonalds Challenge, the evidence is below.
Here is the evidence of their success all stacked up!! Sixteen total McDonald's Burgers eaten!!
On Tuesday a young single adult girl in our Zagreb branch told us we were coming to her house for lunch and that her Mom had prepared Sarma for us, which is a traditional specialty of Croatia, so we were honored that she would invited us over to her apartment for lunch. Ivana is the only member in her family, so we were delighted her Mom would make lunch for us, but to our disappointment her Mom was not there to eat lunch with us. We had a lovely lunch and visit though, I hope to take her Mom some flowers and meet her soon.
from carrie with love
I notice you don't have many comments... but I want you to know that I DO enjoy reading them and seeing these wonderful places that I will likely never see in person!
ReplyDeleteHI Carrie,
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying reading your blog. What a great experience you are having! Thank you for your example and writing all these wonderful entries. James and I are contemplating a mission, too. My problem is leaving my grandchildren. I know that it would be a wonderful thing for them to experience as well, through us, but I don't want to leave them. Thank you for pictures. Most of us can only dream of a place like that.
Kelly