On May 13th which was Mother's Day we got up went to Church with Chelsie and Doug then went over to Candace and Jason's house for a delicious lunch. Then we went to the Church where we were set apart to be missionaries. Finally off to the airport to fly up to Salt Lake City because on Monday we reported to the Mission Training Center in Provo at BYU.
We have spent a week in the Mission Training Center with a whole group of Senior Missionaries from all over the USA and who are going to missions all over the world! We start at 8am and are in classes every day until 4:30, but have Saturday and Sunday off. Our teachers are young return missionaries who are wonderful teachers that have lots energy and patience. They taught us from "Preach My Gospel" and made us role play all week that we were meeting with non-members and less active members and we were to teach them the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration. I know what you are thinking "that sounds easy" well it wasn't easy. We were uncomfortable and it was stressful for all of us senior missionaries so by the end of the week we were all exhausted, but humbled and filled with the Spirit. Each of us realized we can't do the Lord's work without Him.
Now we have the weekend to rest and then Monday morning we start again with classes at 8am. We will have training for our assignments, ours is Church Education, we will be at the Mission Training Center from Monday to Wednesday and then we fly out early Thursday morning for Croatia. I have to admit I am still nervous about moving to a place I have never been to or even heard of before we got our call there, but I''m going with the faith promised by Elder Holland that missionaries have the right to ask for and expect miracles and our family needs a miracle!
From Carrie with love to all I love!
No comments:
Post a Comment