The Street leading up to our house
Me standing in front of the Mission Home
I know everyone is wondering why I haven't been writing on my blog more, but if you knew how hard it was to do anything here you'd understand why we still don't have the Internet and we aren't sure when we will ever get it. We really love Croatia and our mission, but nothing in Europe happens fast except for driving. So Elder Westergard (Richard) is trying today to get a phone, cross your fingers for us that we get a nice person to help us. We went to get our visas yesterday and it was a very interesting experience the Elders took us and told us to pray that we would get the nice lady and not the mean one, we got the nice one. We had piles of paper work that she went through and then we had to be interviewed in a little room by a person who only speaks Croatian so we each went in with an Elder, my lady ask for my College Diploma which of course I didn't have, then she wanted to know what my degree was in, then she wanted to know if my parents were living and if they were retired. We weren't sure why any of this even matter. Three hours later we left with a special stamp (Croatians love stamps) and a phone number to call in three weeks, but no visas. The whole time I've been here I feel like I am in a spy movie like Mission Impossible or something. Whenever you see those kind of movies and see the cars driving fast and crazy, that is pretty much normal driving here! And parking on the sidewalks is normal too, but you must pay for parking or you will get a ticket, we are learning all the rules. We were told never to hit a person, but its normal to hit other cars, so whenever we get in our car it's an adventure. We have a big conference this weekend on the coast in a city called Zadar to celebrate the 40 year anniversary of the Church in Yugoslavia. I will be taking lots of pictures it will be a great event for the area and also for missionary work, there will be over 300 people attending this three day conference.
I want everyone to know that we feel your prayers and appreciate all your encouraging words of support and love. There really is no way we could do this mission without knowing this is where the Lord wants us and so each day we pray for Him to lead us and give us the strength and the inspiration to know His will. It really is great to know you are on an Errand for the Lord!
From Carrie with love to all those I love!
You guys look so good! Thanks so much for all the pictures! We love hearing about all your experiences. Can't wait to hear how the conference goes. Love your apartment! Todd said you got the cream of the crop! He never had a mission appt like that :) Keep up the good work! You both are continually in our thoughts and prayers! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it safe. Carrie you will be the best missionary companion he has ever had. Joyce and I wish we could have hooked up with you at the MTC, but there will be other times. We really hope you get to influence and change lives there.
ReplyDeleteCarrie! You look awesome! The perfect missionary! You are going to love it there and learn so much. Thank you again for calling and telling me how I can follow you and Richard. Chelsie sent me an email telling me how to get onto your blog. IT'S AWESOME! I can't wait to hear and see more of what you both are doing and meet the young adults you meet. Thank you again for letting me and everyone else be a part of your adventure. I love you
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you two made it safely. Enjoy every moment!!! Miss you guys. Give Doc a BIG HUG from me.
ReplyDeleteLove, Tawnya
Carrie!! I was just asked to be 2nd counselor in the YW!! I've never been in young womens. This will be interesting! You look so happy, and you were so worried!
ReplyDelete