We drove to a small city to meet up with a young single adult student who finished the Old Testament Homestudy Institute class, to take her to dinner to celebrate. She was so excited for us to come. She is the only member in her family and lives about 6 miles from the Church and she walks to Church every Sunday even in the winter. We are so impressed with her commitment and have grown to love her so much, we wish we were closer to her. She wanted to show us her city and so we walked all over city centar and she wanted me to sit in their King's chair with their city crest.
Today when we were out exploring we found a Belgium Waffle place, so guess what I had for dinner! I was so excited and it is very close to the mission office. And it was very good too. We really love Zagreb and love living in Europe. It is Friday night, so everyone comes out and walks around the city on weekends, so we joined them tonight and it was so fun. There was a band in the park playing old time music and they were singing in English and some people were dancing. We sat on a park bench and enjoyed the music and the people.
This is the normal way everyone parks their cars in Europe on the sidewalk, but this is not a car you would ever see here, Richard loves an old Mustang. Also, notice the signs in the background they are in English, I love English, I so rarely so it here!
from carrie with love
I admire those in other countries who are that dedicated - we have it so easy here and don't even know it.
ReplyDeleteI really love your pictures of the very European things they do, like parking cars on the sidewalk.
I love your blog!! I appreciate that we can catch up on your comings and goings in such a fun way. You two are rocking this mission!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure for you guys! I have to admit, I was worried for you at first, but I love this blog, and it makes us realize that this was the perfect call for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you, but oh what a thrill!
We should be able to park like that, then I could park better.
ReplyDeleteTessa