Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Great Week!

We had a great week this past week because we were able to do a lot of wonderful things with many different people and meet some new young single adults.  Here we are in a Chinese restaurant in Zagreb with Ana sitting next to me and Monika and Marko next to her.  We had lunch together then Ana gave us a tour of Zagreb and we ended up at the Cookie Factor, which has American cookies and is owned and ran by a young single adult member.  We had a great time being with the young people of Croatia.


Here we are standing in from of a statue of a very famous Croatians.  His name is Nikola Tesla and he discovered the AC electical current, so all the Croatians tell us he invented electricity.   We had never heard of him before we got here, so we were happy to learn something new.


This week our Elders went to the Centar and had a white board set-up with a statement on it that read, "What are your questions for God?  Many people wrote their questions on the board and some stayed and talked to the Elders.  It was really wonderful to watch our Elders talked with the people from Croatia, the language is so hard and it really is amazing that these young people are able to learn the language and communicate as well as they do with the people here.  We brought them some treats and took their pictures.  We try to support them in everything they do and any way we can.

We saw this car parked around the corner from our office, it was the most beautiful car we have ever seen.  It was a Porsche Panamera and we loved it, compared to our little car it looked like heaven!
This Porsche starts at about $175,000, so there you go, money can buy heaven when it comes to traveling.

We thought that his guy deserved an A+ in parking!
Parking in Europe can be a little tight. haha

Here are our Serbian members who went to the Temple last week, we picked them up about 6:30pm Saturday night and took them over to our office where we feed them pizza and salad.  Then we talked and played on the internet, we took them to the train station at 11:00pm.
The girls and their Mother next to me all speak great English, so I was loving life.  I just fell in love with this family and their sweet girls and cousin.  They live in a small town in Serbia with only their family and their cousin's family that make up their small branch.  The 2 sisters have beautiful voices and sang to us for their thank-you to us.  I really can't express how much these people touched my heart.  I will never forget them and their sweet spirits, they have blessed my life forever by knowing them.  We plan to visit them in a couple of weeks and they will sing for us again they promised.



For P. day this week the Elders invited us to go bowling with them and one of their investigators.  We loved it and had such a good time with them.  It was like our American Day, we went bowling and they all had KFC for lunch, I had a salad.  Then Richard and I did a little shoppping in the mall the bowling alley was in and I found a great store to buy cute clothes for my granddaughters.  This was the first day either of us have worn our jeans since we have been here, it was a perfect day!
from carrie with love

3 comments:

  1. Love the parking photo, I can't believe he didn't scratch his car!

    I think it would have been very cool to see what questions people had for god...

    keep up the blogging! I love hearing about all your travels and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look great!! I love reading about all your travels. Miss you lots!

    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys. Been thinking lots about you. I love you both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete