Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Narrow is Normal


Often we will go with the Elders to watch them teach someone, I say we watch because we don't understand anything any of them are saying, but we try and help them out by sharing our testimonies.  The Elders will then translate our testimonies for the investigator.  Every time we go with them we go into a high rise building that once was used for the communist housing and is now government housing.  All the buildings here have these really small elevators, this one is actually bigger than the usually ones because it is a little longer, but still very narrow.  We just love the Elders that serve here with us, they are so fun and work so hard.  It is to bad their families can't see them out here working and trying their best to be obedient and happy at all times, because they would be very impressed by their sons, just as we are.  We love taking them to eat and they love my cookies!



This past Sunday we went to Church in Zagreb at 10:00am and then at 11:30am we left and drove one of our YSA back to Bosnia and went to Church in Bosnia at 3:30pm, so Richard has been telling everyone we went to Church on Sunday in two different countries!  I guess that there are not many people who could say that and you all know how competitive he is so that means he did something none of you have done!  This is a picture of the boarder on the way back to Zagreb, it took us an hour and a half to cross the boarder that night.  It is so funny in Bosnia, the street is only a two lane street, but the cars going over the boarder take up both lanes and so the cars coming into Bosnia have to drive on the sidewalk to come into the country when they cross the boarder.  We just love stuff like this.  And then as all these cars and truck are lined up all these random people just walk through the cars or ride their bikes through the cars without a care in the world.  I guess we are a lot more concerned about getting hit by cars in the US than they are in this mission. 

from carrie with love

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love your cookies? Honestly.

    Whenever you write about the crazy things you "love" I always hear your "this is nuts" laugh in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your cookies. I would so nail a pole if we had rodes like that. Makes me thankful for things I haven't thought about.

    ReplyDelete