Thursday, August 2, 2012

Budapest Hungary

We were able to take a tour of Budapest before we went back to Zagreb on Wednesday. We did not get to attend the conference because there was not enough space for us. Our young people will be coming homes on Saturday and many of them will riding the train.
Budapest is divided into two parts because of the river as you can see the Buda side is the on the left and is name Buda because it is very hilly. On the right is Pest, which is flat like a plain. Both sides were very interesting and as you will see in the pictures has some of the most beautiful buildings in all of Europe. It is a city I would not miss if I was coming to Europe. The food was great and our hotel was very nice and clean and new and was right in the Centar of the Pest side. We took a "hop on and hop off" bus and loved it because we had a headset and could learn about the history of this very historical city. I didn't realize how many very famous people came from Budapest, very famous muscians and scienctist. We felt very blessed to have had the opportunity to travel to this great city and be able to spend time with our young people so we could get to know them.




This is a huge indoor market that had fresh fruit, vegatables, meat and fish.  And lots of tradional things from Hungary including wonderful food.  Of course Richard tried the food, while I watched him.  It was fun to experience Hungary this way.

Here I am sitting and eating lunch in an outside cafe.  This is one of my favorite things about Europe.

This was the only night picture that I took that turned out.  We took a night river boat trip, all the buildings were lite up and looked so beautiful!

This was the only complaint I had about Hungary, we had to pay every time we used the toliet.  Here is my pass to use the toliet.  There are turn styles you go through after you pay and get your ticket, then you can enter the bathrooms.  It was very strange.  Lots of places in Europe charge you to use the bathrooms, but they don't have a trun style you have to go through.
from carrie with love


1 comment:

  1. I love that you have to pay to use the toilet. That's so funny. Of course RC had to try the food that's what he loves. I can't believe all the fun things you guys are able to do and see. What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete