Friday, March 15, 2013

We Love our Sister Missionaries

We had our Sisters over to dinner last night.  I made a traditional American dinner, chicken pot pie, rolls, and pumpkin pie for dessert.  My Mom just sent me a package with pumpkin!  The Sister on the left is on a mini mission, she is a member here in our mission and lives in Bosnia and is truly a valiant lovely young lady.  These two Sisters are both the best!  They are always very positive and uplifting to be around.  Both are always smiling and happy no matter what the weather is doing, last night we were having another snow storm, but today we woke up to Sunshine.
As I am sitting here writing it is noon and I can hear all the Church bells ringing.  I love the Church bells here and all the beautiful Churches in every city.  Europe is really a magical place with all the history, traditions, castles, and every city has a center square with old buildings that are full of history and the walking roads are cobble stones, which makes it hard to walk, but beautiful and full of charm.
We are so thankful for the opportunity we are having to work with these great Elders and Sisters and have the opportunities to take care of them and be their friends and support them any way we can. As I watch them strive to be obedient and learn the language and be leaders to the members here in this mission, I often think of their parents and how proud they would be if they could see how courageous and bold their sons and daughters are as they share the gospel.  They are so kind to each other and supportive.  It really is a testimony to see these young people live such high standards in every aspect of their lives, but yet we know that is why they are able to do what they do out here as missionaries, they are striving to always keep the Spirit with them.  You can feel the strength of the Lord with them, they are my Heroes!
from carrie with love

No comments:

Post a Comment