Sunday, March 17, 2013

Zadar's Open House

We had the fortunate assignment to go to Zadar again this weekend because they opened their new Church.  It is a new building that once was a doctor's office and it fit just perfectly for our new Church building here in Zadar.  The old building was very small and old and not clean, but the new one is beautiful and spacious.  The members and the missionaries were all so excited about their building and we even had two news channels come to the open house and interview the Branch President and District President.  We also had several English students attend and also came to Church on Sunday.  It was a great weekend for the members and the missionaries.
Here we are at lunch with the Sisters on Saturday.  I had the best salad I have every had since being in Europe, there aren't salads here like in the States.  
This is Vicki from Bosnia, she is the one on a mini mission, she finally got her name tag!
Zadar has palm trees and I guess the Sisters were really happy to see a palm tree.
It was freezing that day with a very cold wind, brrrrr!
I really love hanging out with these great Sisters!
Some of the members catered the food for the open house and it was beautiful and very tasty!
This is the couple that did the food with their cute little son.
We were joking the fruit looked like we were on a cruise ship.
Richard and Freddie have become very good friends.
This is the Primary Room
This is their beautiful Family History Room
These are some pictures of the members that showed up about 2 hours before it even started, they were all so excited!
This is the Chapel
Time to eat after a nice meeting in the Chapel.

Here I am with the best companion anyone could every have.  He is perfectly obedient, never complains, loves getting assignments, loves being with the people, is a great teacher, and loves the Lord with all his heart.  He also takes really good care of me.  We are thankful for these fun and challenging experiences that we are having together as missionaries.  We are learning a lot and know that the Lord is refining us and helping us to come to know Him better, which brings us great Joy! 
from carrie with love

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such fun photos - you paint a wonderful picture of the church's growth in Croatia. And of course it brings my heart great joy to see my daughter smiling! Your experiences are getting me quite excited to serve with my husband someday. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sister Westergard! I found the blog today. I am so excited about that new building in Zadar, it looks like a great place. And I'll let you know something about that "old building that was very small and old and not clean." I cleaned it every week lol

    I also saw the picture of Željko and Branka's baby. First photo I've seen of him! I'm still not even sure what his name is.

    Love and miss you all.
    -Ethan Truman

    ReplyDelete