Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back from Germany Safley

We made it back from Germany on Saturday, it took us only about 9 hours coming back to Zagreb in our 9 passenger van, so we made better time on our return trip.  We had such a wonderful time and hope that next year we can get as many young people to come with us as we can. 
This is a view of the Temple looking down at it from their Stake Center.  I was told that the Frankfurt Temple is built to appear like a tent, representing the portable temple carried by the Israelites when on their journey with Moses.  At the temple entrance there are three structures built into the entrance that are symbolic to the Sun, the Moon and the Stars representing the three Kingdoms in Heaven.  I loved learning about this special temple that serves so many members covering so many countries.  It was a very special trip for us and we will never forget our time there with the Saints from Europe.
 
So, one day I took some of the girls with me into the small village near the temple to shop and of course the one place they stopped to buy something was a bakery.  When I saw the beautiful desserts I knew these girls would love this place.  I saw these large perfect Macaroons and thought of my Dad, these are one of his favorite cookies, so I bought one and enjoyed it for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment