What do you eat when it is a cold rainy day? Homemade chicken noodle soup and orange rolls of course. This is the first time I have attempted to make them here and they turned out great.
We have two Elders leaving next week, one is going home and the other is being transferred. We will miss both of them a lot, so today I brought dinner down to the office and we ate with the Elders, it was a lot of fun.
Did I ever tell you how wonderful the fresh bread is here, well it is and I love it. This is one of my favorites, it is made with a small amount of cornmeal and the crust is crunchy. I love to eat it with a nice piece of cheese.
Our landlord made blackberry juice and gave some to us in this lovely bottle with a cork. I guess they combine a small amount of juice with water and it makes a lovely drink.
So, I went to get some stuff out of my fridge and found this, I thought to myself when did I buy blue cheese? Oh, that is right I didn't, this must be mold. Wow, I bet none of you have ever done this.
These are my favorite treats, they are delicious chocolate cookies.
I keep a box in our office and the Elders love them, especial the Elder being transfer next week. I bet he misses the cookies as much as he will miss anything in Zagreb.
One last thing we found a great apartment! Things are looking up!
from carrie with love
You two are having so many fun adventures. I love seeing all the pictures. The orange rolls look amazing. Tell Doc I think he might be getting grayer. :) (not sure that is even a word) Not sure if Candace told him that are pt Ruby Hovden passed away. She was the nicest lady. I'm looking forward to our lunches again once you return.
ReplyDeleteMiss you both!!!!
Love,
T
Oh your orange rolls... my mouth is watering right now!!!
ReplyDeletehey! how have i never known that you were blogging from the mission field? i'm so glad to know now! we think about you and richard all the time and we're still praying that someday we'll have the opportunity to serve, too. fingers crossed! we'll see.
ReplyDeleteand i was so NOT surprised to see you're using your awesome cooking skills.
Elder Mattson gave me your blog site and told me how awesome you both are. He said the meal was fantastic and I'm sure he is the one that ate all the cookies. Thank you for taking good care of the missionaries. We too are trying to take care of our missionaries in Blackfoot. They are all so special and it is a delight to be Able to associate with them. It is truly a humbling experience to have a missionary in the field. Elder Mattson absolutely loves Croatia, the people, and the work. Thank you for being a part of this great experience. Lori Mattson
ReplyDelete