Thursday, September 13, 2012

Missionary Conferences

 This is a group picture from our conference in Romania.  These senior couple cover Seminary and Institute in Eastern Europe, Greece, Cyprus, Macedonia, Cech Republic, and our four countries.  We are on top of a little mountain in a park in the center of Bucharest where Elder Nelson dedicated Romania to missionary work and establishing the Church there in Romania.  The two men without companions are our directors for Seminary and Institute, one is from Italy and the other is from Romania.  They are both very kind men who love the gospel, their families and their countries.  We really love both of them, they not only train us, but have become our friends.

This week we had a very special visitor from Salt Lake City, Elder Rasband and his wife and also Elder Richards and his wife came to talk to the Presidents of Croatia and Bosnia about our Church being in their countries and being recognized as a Church, right now we are only recognized as a Faith. 
So, of course the Eders were super excited to have visitors, they got themselves in tip- top shape.  They all got hair cuts, washed their cars, they prepared a great lunch, set-up the Church for our special conference and were all in their chairs waiting a whole 45 minutes early!  I am sure our visitors were very impressed.  It really was great to see our missionaries all striving to do their best.  It was a great motivation for them to look at themselves and make the neccesary changes needed to look better and be better missionaries in every aspect of their lives.
The messages they taught really weren't any different from anything we hear all the time, but as special witneses of Jesus Christ they  brought with them a renewing Spirit to our mission, we needed to be encouraged and lifted and the Spirit they brought with them did that for our mision and for me.  I felt the Spirit personally speak to my heart that my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me and is aware of me.  When I went back to my apartment that afternoon I wrote in my journal my feelings I had felt that day and the Spirit once again spoke to my heart and lifted me and helped me see myself as someone who the Lord needed to also step-it-up and take this opportunity as a missionary to improve myself in every way, so I have accepted the invitation to join my Savior on the higher road and strive to be worthy to "walk with God." 
 "And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in my ways, and do that is right in my sight, to keep my statues and my commandments, as David my servant did; that I will be with thee, and built thee a sure hourse, as I built for David" 1 King 11:38



from carrie wtih love

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you bear your testimony, I feel the same as you did with the Elders that Heavenly Father knows, loves, and is aware of me. You are such a great example of stepping it up and living on a higher plane.

    ReplyDelete