"A life without problems or limitations or challenges--life without 'opposition in all things,' as Lehi phrased it (2 Nephi 2:11)--would paradoxically but in very fact be less rewarding and less ennobling than one which confronts--even frequently confronts-difficulty and disappointment and sorrow."
Elder Holland
I think about the many difficulties and endless opposition we as missionaries encounter every day here and yet we keep going.
I have personally found the process of keeping myself going not an easy one
because the path I am now on is an up hill climb and climbing up a hill is in opposition to my desire to be on the easier path which is flat!
Richard and I now recognized the paths we were on when we were home had become too easy for us, so the Lord placed us on another path, one leading upward to Him,
a path that requires hard work and frequent difficulties .
This scripture found in Isaiah describes my journey on the higher path I am now traveling .
"I will bring the blind by a way they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things I will do unto them, and not forsake them."
I have personally found the process of keeping myself going not an easy one
because the path I am now on is an up hill climb and climbing up a hill is in opposition to my desire to be on the easier path which is flat!
Richard and I now recognized the paths we were on when we were home had become too easy for us, so the Lord placed us on another path, one leading upward to Him,
a path that requires hard work and frequent difficulties .
This scripture found in Isaiah describes my journey on the higher path I am now traveling .
"I will bring the blind by a way they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things I will do unto them, and not forsake them."
Taking the higher path required all my strength, so soon I quickly discovered I have many weaknesses, but as I continue to climb I find myself getting stronger and stronger.
Weaknesses are humbling and bring us to our knees, which I know is what the Lord had in mind for me all along, He wanted to lead me to Him and in the process of finding Him I am finding myself and as I travel this new path I am learning it is easier when I am of "Good Cheer."
We should honor the Savior's
declaration to
"be of good cheer"
(Matthew 14:27)
Indeed, it seems to me we may be more
guilty of breaking that commandment
than almost any other!
Elder Holland
from carrie with love
Weaknesses are humbling and bring us to our knees, which I know is what the Lord had in mind for me all along, He wanted to lead me to Him and in the process of finding Him I am finding myself and as I travel this new path I am learning it is easier when I am of "Good Cheer."
We should honor the Savior's
declaration to
"be of good cheer"
(Matthew 14:27)
Indeed, it seems to me we may be more
guilty of breaking that commandment
than almost any other!
Elder Holland
from carrie with love
No comments:
Post a Comment