Saturday, October 27, 2012

Our Saturday

 We had a great Saturday, because it started with the baptism of this young man named Ivan.  These are the missionaries that brought the gospel to him and baptized him and who will confirm him tomorrow in Church.  He was so happy and ready to enter into Christ's restored Church and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  I am so happy for him.  Each time I would see him at the Mission Office when he came to be taught the gospel, he would comment to me how good he always felt when he was in the office and with the missionary.  Everyone always comments to me how much they love being with the Elders because they always feel something that makes them feel good and happy.


Here are three more of our Elders that serve with us here in Zagreb, sorry I caught a couple of them with food in their mouths.  We really have the best Elders in Zagreb.

Here I am with Elder Bell and Marijana ,the  Elders and I have been teaching Marijana the gospel of Jesus Christ and she decided to come to Ivan's baptism today.  I was so happy to see her and so happy that she enjoyed the talk on the Holy Ghost.  This week after our discussion with her she told us that I was like the Priest in the Catholic Church and the Elders were like the Sisters, I thought that was really funny and I took it as a very nice compliment, I am not sure how the Elders took it though.


Here are two more missionaries we serve with here in Zagreb, everyone in the whole mission loves these two Single Sisters including me.  They have been so kind and supportive to me. 
The brother in the middle is Robert, he serves in our Branch Presidency, he showed up today with his head shaved, I think I would have kept my hair if I were him since it is getting really cold here now.


Of course after the Baptism we had food, so everyone gathered together for some nice food and enjoyed each other's company.


I made cinnamon rolls, which we love, but I was a bit nervous about the Croatians liking them, they are usually nervous about trying American food (even though they always like our sweets), but to my pleasant surprise they loved them!  They ate the whole pan.  Robert told me they were "fancy good" and another member ask for the recipe!  Wow, this is really wonderful, I made a good connection with the members here.  Marijana told me she was really surprised that I could cook, I took that as a compliment. 
from carrie with love

1 comment:

  1. tell Marijana you're just getting started.
    your cooking is and always has been amazing.
    everyone in Zagreb is blessed to have you and richard there.

    ReplyDelete