Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doug & Chelsie are here!

As you all can imagine I am in heaven having my sweet Chelsie here to visit with her wonderful husband Doug.  We are blessed with the best sons-in-laws!  We have loved sharing our mission with them, we took them to Lake Bled Slovenia and over to the coast of Slovenia and down the coast of Croatia.  We had a great couple of days with them.  They are off to Hungary and Austria for a few days and then back here with us for a couple of days before they head home to their little girls. 


We love Slovenia because it is such a beautiful, clean little country, but it is even more beautiful with all the colorful fall leaves.  The weather was perfect while we were in Lake Bled.

This cool castle rests right above Lake Bled, Doug really liked the castles here.


The Alps surround the Lake Bled area, it is soooo Beautiful here!

 

Got to love this castle, built right into the cliffs and it has a secret tunnel/cave that is about 5 miles long that they would use for a secret get away from the bad guys.

The name of this village is Piran and it is one of the oldest villages along the coast, it was built in 700 B.C. by the Romans!  This picture was taken from the tower in their Church, I feared for my life as I climb the oldest wooden stairs I have ever seen, but the view is worth every step.


Here I am with my wonderful eternal companion, travel agent, driver, bill  payer, comforter and
best friend.  I would be lost without him! 
Being together 24/7 after 35 years of marriage has been a very nice adjustment to make in our lives.




Have you ever seen anything more beautiful in Europe than this?  I felt like I was in a make believe world the whole time we were in these ancient villages on the Sea.  Chelsie and I both thought it was just like being at Universal Studios and at any minute the show was going to start.
(The name of this village is Rovinj)


I would love to have an entrance like this on the road leading to my house!


This is my very favorite part of our whole trip, being with my sweet daughter.  There is nothing more beautiful and comforting in this world than knowing our families will be together forever. 
My sweet daughters are my very best friends and are so supportive and loving to their Mom.
 I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and extended family too.
I love you all!
from carrie with love
 


2 comments:

  1. So glad you get to see your daughters while on your mission. Such a great experience for everyone - especially to see the beautiful towns that have been alive for so long. That's what I love about Europe..the history of it is so awesome.

    I told Candace you guys have to go see some Christmas markets in Austria or Germany while she and jason are there if you have time. The Munich (Munchen) market is so awesome - there's even a more old-time market behind the main one that sells some really fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are having a wonderful visit with Chels. I love Doc's Y hat. :) Beautiful pictures!! YAY.....you are on instagram!!!!

    Love to you both!

    T

    ReplyDelete