Monday, October 15, 2012

Friends and Gifts


I am not sure who took my camera and took this picture, but I was glad they did.  These are two of my favorite people, there are our Assistants to President Rowe and their assignments now are to travel the whole mission and keep track of all our missionaries and do training and still do missionary work. They are so dedicated to the work and to the gospel, they are an inspiration to everyone!
They are in our office using our computers, we are so glad they come into our office because we get to see them and talk with them often.  We have become good friends and I love them both!



Here we are with Michael, we met him in Germany he works for the Church as an I.T. specialist and he came down last week to set-up new computers for our mission office.  He spent the week with us and we enjoyed getting to know him better and see his faithfulness in living the gospel.  He also came to visit 3 of our young single adult girls while here.  One here in Zagreb, one in Bosnia and one in Serbia.  We were teasing him about that!


On Saturday we had a teacher training for our Seminary and Institute teachers.  We ended up only having four out of nine come and we really missed the ones that didn't come.  Richard and I felt like the training went very well and after the training we served them lunch, it was a great day.
The man in the middle of the picture is one of our coordinators from Italy, his name is Felice, we have become very good friends with him and he has been a great support to us in every way. 


We were asked to speak in Church in Banja Luka Bosnia this past Sunday on scriptures, so we drove down after Sacrament meeting here in Zagreb  We enjoyed being with the members there and especially enjoyed our time with the senior couple who serves there.
This is a picture of me with the Tadic family, their grandmas is sitting on the couch, she makes these wonderful slippers that you can see laying on the table.  She made me a bunch of them so I can give them to family for gifts.  I just love them!


Here is a close-up of the slippers I picked for myself, aren't they cute!


So today at Church in Zagreb I received a very special gift from a member of our Branch here.  These are handmade crocheted gloves and they are just beautiful.  This was such a surprise for me, this sister doesn't speak English and so we don't really communicate all that well.  She is our District Relief Society President and she came with us on the Temple trip to Frankfurt and while we were there we both were very touched by the Spirit found in the Temple with the young people and we had a special bond between us as we witnessed the strength of these faithful future leaders here in Europe.
I feel very honored that someone would make me such a lovely gift, I will always treasure.
 
from carrie with love

2 comments:

  1. those beautiful gloves remind me of when you found those awesome white crocheted slippers in hilton head. many of our friends still wear those in the temple!

    i love reading your posts and living missionary life vicariously through you two!!

    ReplyDelete