Monday, June 18, 2012

Just two small things!



So, one of my biggest concerns when I found out we were going on a mission to Croatia was that they don't have dryers here.  And another concern was there was not any Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.  Well, good things often come in very small packages.  We do not have a dryer as you can see, but we have a very small washing machine that sits in our bathroom.  So, for you to be able to visualize just how small our washer is I am comparing the opening to a 16 ounce size of Coke Zero.  Yes, they only have Coke Zero, so I drink my Coke Zero when I am only with my companion, because he secretly drinks one with me, often at lunch!  Well, back to my washer, so it took us forever to figure out how to use our washer because it is all written in Germany with some French words too.  So, we turned it on finally after trying to figure out where the detergent went (there are three different spots to pour stuff) and three hours later it was still on!  We could not figure out if it was broken or just what was going on, so we opened it and to our surprise our small little washer is also a dryer!  Who would have known it was possible! We just love our little washer/dryer.  And along with our sweet little washer/dryer we have this nifty clothes hanging rack that works great when things are not quite dry or you don't want them to be dried in the dryer you can just hang them or lay them on this rack.  The only problem with our little washer/dryer is we can only wash one towel and a few other things and its full!

But I am not complaining because I have a dryer in Croatia and Coke Zero!

From Carrie with love to everyone I love and miss.  I hope all of you are well and happy.  

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I can help you alittle bit with the washer. Miele is a german company so it might help if you know some words in german:

    "Kochwäsche" means hot washing cloth,
    "Pflegeleicht" means sensitive cloth,
    "Wolle" means wool,
    "Seide" means silk,
    "Kurzprogramm" means short washing program
    "Vorwäsche" means prewash
    "Kurzschleudern" means short spin
    "Trockner" means dryer

    I dont know if that will help, but its worth a try ;) Don't hesitate to ask me, i'm glad to help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this makes me laugh! My mom loves to come home to her American sized washer. She has a dryer in Belfast since nothing actually air dries there (one of the first things she bought when moving because she could not live without one). I'm surprised your washer is in the bathroom! I usually see them in kitchens tucked under the counter like a stove.

    I am loving reading your adventures and am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is blessings, blessings, blessings are abounding for your willingness to serve Heavenly Father!! He knows exactly what you need :) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete