Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wishing we were with Family

I can't express how much I love these two special ladies or how much I wish I were in Mesa right now to give my sweet Jana the love and support she needs right now.  Richard and I love our family and really miss being there with all of them at this very difficult and painful time.
Richard and I pray that as our family gathers this weekend for JaKelle's funeral that they may all be blessed with the Spirit of Peace and Comfort.  We send our love and hugs to everyone we love.


I wanted to share this quote with all of you from Elder Holland that expresses my feelings right now:
 "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because Salvation is not a cheap experience.  Salvation never was easy.  We are the Church of Jesus Christ , this is the truth, and He is our great Eternal Head.  How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him?

I looked out my window on a beautiful sunny morning and saw my Landlord sitting working in his garden with an umbrella, so I thought to myself how smart to have the shade of his umbrella from the sun.  But several hours later it began to rain very hard and my perspective of his umbrella was changed.  How smart to have an umbrella to protect himself from the rain.  As I stood there in my window I realized that with life it also comes sunny days and rainy days and the best way for us to be protected from whatever mortal life gives us is to be smart and obey the Lord and keep ourselves worthy of the Gifts of the Holy Ghost, so that He can warn us and guide us and keep us on a safe path away from those things in this life that could harm us or lead us astray.  The Plan of Happiness is a plan that will keep us on safe path that leads us back to our Heavenly Father where our families can be together forever enjoying the rest and peace found in Eternal Life.

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about both of you ALOT this week. I'm prayng for all of you at this diffcult time. I'm going to attend Jakelle's funeral tomorrow. Hope you both are enjoying your missionary work, I'm sure you both are amazing at it. :)
    Give my favorite doc a hug!
    Love and Miss you both,
    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you awful today at the funeral and last night at the visitation. Lynn and Jana were amazing and comforted everyone. Strength is coming from somewhere. I am glad to finally find your blog and say hello. WE will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it safely and things are going well for you in Croatia. What amazing experiences you've had and will continue to have. We're grateful to be able to keep track of your work and share in your adventures. All our love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed you both so much! I know you were with us in spirit! We love you!

    ReplyDelete